Thursday, April 10, 2014

Treadmills.


Treadmills.

In reality, the idea of treadmill is promising, but I can’t help but think they could have been designed to better canter to the runners experience. Does anyone else feel like a hamster running on its wheel? I can’t be the only person who has thought about this but, treadmills be could use to power a gym.
 
Imagine you’re running on a treadmill at the gym. (seriously picture it- I have already thought about this around mile two on the treadmill countless times!). Your legs are cramping up, you have a stitch in your side, you shorts are riding up, and your dying of thirst (isn’t running glamorous?). You want to quit, but then you realize… THE GYM NEEDS YOU. Without your final mile the gym will power down and you will single handedly ruin everyone else’s workout, which would be a butterfly effect of problems. People would we grumpy, getting fat, and most likely hate you (Lifters would probably still have pre-workout pulsing through their veins and jump you in the parkinglot). Talk about motivation. I would definitely push out that last mile.

Just saying.

Also, can we talk about how treadmills make runners sound like a barreling elephant. When I run outside, I feel like a sprite gazelle who is lighter than air. I feel delicate and poise while I run. But on a treadmill, I feel as though I am slowly pounding the treadmill deeper and deeper into the ground. I am convinced this is why I dislike treadmills. It’s all a mind game. I can easily run 6 miles outside, but on a treadmill its torture to run 2 miles.

I’m not even going to get into the topic of ellipticals. For us long leg’d folks, nothing is worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment