Saturday, April 6, 2013

First run this Spring!


Today was my first real session of spring running. Kuya and I both had big bowls of wishing thinking for breakfast and decided to tackle our 4.8 mi loop today. I like this loop because it has just enough hills for you to feel the burn but doesn't give the impression that your scaling Mount Everest (come-on fellow runners you know what im talking about--when you feel like your going backgrounds down the hill during those milliseconds where both feet are off the ground in your stride--is it just me?).

After tackling the huge amount of clean laundry i had piled ( yes- it was all clean but was sitting there for a week because i absolutely HATE putting away laundry)  I got all my running gear together and put on my layers ( lets be serious people, its spring, you still need layers in upstate new york till about July). laced up my Nikes, zipped my reflective vest and was ready to go! My running partner Kuya, got up from her dog bed and was ready......if it was only that easy for the rest of us, ha-ha.

It was a great run, we passed another runner earlier in the run which was a pleasant surprise as I dont see other runners very often in my parts of the boonies. I normal see a lot of cyclists. We did the typical running head node with the "beautiful day" comment. There were a lot of people outside doing lawn work which was nice to see. I found myself looking up through the trees frequently because the sky was such a nice color blue today. Kuya made a new friend who was a sweetest little black lab. So we stood and chatted with her owner for about 5 minutes, turns out i went to school with their daughter. It was a nice little break and the 3 mi mark so i dont feel too bad about stopping during the run-- it was our first run after all--its allowed--right?
Below are some photos from the run!
at the 2.5 mi marker

Kuya waiting to start the run!



Kuya at the 2.5 mi mark- she wasn't breaking
a sweat!
Last stretch till home (1 mi long straightaway)
LOOK AT THE SKY! NO FILTER!

Kuya at the end of the run! ( right after this
photo she ran and grab a stick to play
fetch- she never runs of batteries!!


Tonight i wil be enjoying a new sweet wine i had to buy: LAB moscato


No comments:

Post a Comment