Monday, April 1, 2013

Eggbert & Peter Cotton tail

Spring is here! And it's time to coloring eggs, sing some of our favorite Easter songs! It is a known fact that my family has a tendency to break out in song at any given time! At the work place, at the grocery store, the doctors office,you name it.  I once was working at a bagel shop  4 hours away from any family member. It was 6am in the morning and I was in the back making cream cheese and I hear " here come Peter cotton tail...".Now my family members have very distinct voices so I immediately knew it was my uncle. Out of all the bagel shops in New York and my uncle happens to find the one where I worked (without any idea that I did work there I might add). That is just the magic of my family. We love to spread the cheer...alot. For example, for St. Patrick's day alone we walked in 3 different parades singing our family song and other Irish tones while my grandpa ( the well known leprechaun of Utica) threw out his "Irish happiness". Our Christmas schedule would add to anyone holiday stress level. But for my family--it's the importance of spreading happiness and cheer!!

Easter 2013 was no different! Full of surprises, family, and of course food! This Easter the weather was not too cold (unless you were hunting for baskets and eggs like the Corrigans). Our Easter bunny is a little stinker. It took no less than two hours for four of us ( ages 18-27) to find our baskets. my brothers was underneath our porch outside, my sisters was in her gutted house that she is building, brother -in-laws was in a canoe suspended about 8 feet in the air. Last but not least, my basket up in the rafters of our pull barn approximatly 20ft in the air. Yes, I had to climb to get it. Baskets were not our only hunt! The Bunny Bucks hunt was intense this year. We had to army crawl through mud and snow to collect our winnings! And the rain that joined just made the hunting more memorable! In addition to great memories , and even better food, I was able to add a large some of money to my vacation fund!

Can't wait to see what we do next year!

Tonights wine choice is: RELAX pink with frozen berries to keep it chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment