Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Saturn Saga

For those who know me, you understand my troubles with vehicles. But for those who don't, lets just say I am Murphy's law when it comes to owning a car. Now do not mistake bad luck with bad driving. I am a good driver (my boyfriend agrees when I'm not driving his manual 2012 focus-- I have traffic light anxiety--totally normal). 

I have never owed a "new car" because I cannot seem to part with the money to purchase such a luxury. I apparently would rather spend many days and nights stranded, or battling some sort of mechanical malfunction than spend the money needed to live (and drive) like a normal person.  So I am going to tell you about my last two months with my 2000 Saturn wagon.

The 2013 year started with a bang! Well not literally but I picked up a piece of glass from a accident down the road from work. It was a slow leak and I didn't notice the flat tire till leaving for work the next morning from my boyfriend Robbie's house. So I whip out my AAA plus membership card and call where a "air guy" will give me roadside assistance. (Huh? I live in the boonies, we barely have pizza delivery let alone air delivery). Anyways, the air guy comes and fills my tire nice and quick and I'm ready to go ( at this point I did not realize I had pick up a piece of glass). A mere four hours later I am left stranded again. Luckily my friend had a air compresser and helped me out. I got the tire plugged it and was all fix (did I mention those were brand new studded tires I bought a week before for $400+).

Three days later I bring the car to be inspected....doesn't pass. Evap system is setting the check engine light off. So the mechanic resets it and gives me strick instructions to keep it no lower than 3/4 a tank and drive the car 70miles. So I drive the car about 65mi and I am pulling into the shop to get inspected...and the light turns on as soon as I put the car in park! No joke. He resets it again I drive it and I am finally able to get to pass the following day.

No joke, 20min after passing inspection I am driving to my PiYo fitness class and I loose brakes. Luckily we live in a rural area so I could coast to my PiYo class. I get the car towed to the mechanic where we states I broke a brake line and he will replace it.  After getting the car back I go to babysitting were Robbie (having a "man moment" as he calls it-- i call it a tantrum) jams my car keys into the ignition in a ridiculous angle were it wouldn't turn or give the keys back....luckily I was babysitting for a mechanic and he helped is out. (talk about roadside assistance!)

A week after I loose my brakes again and almost crash into a Escalade at a stop light. I merge into the turning lane and coast to the nearest parking lot were I am left stranded and have to wait for a ride from my sister.

(at this point of this story I am just laughing a shaking my head because honestly, what more can you do. You can't let stuff like this get you down. It makes awesome story material! You really can't make this stuff up)

So the car gets "fixed" and new brake pads were put on my car. When I get in my car to drive the brakes sounded like I was trying to grind nails to make into glitter. Either they are brand new at this "fixing brakes routine" or someone forgot to put the brake pads on my car. No joke I told them the issue and they insisted the car the was fine and they put on new brake pads. Three days later I walk up the the mechanic and shove the keys in his hand and told him to drive it....5min later he said to bring it in the next day and he will fix them.

So the brakes are fixed (last Tuesday March 25th) and the car is working fine. Today (April 2nd) I am driving down the road in the city and of course I loose brakes again....I pull the e-brake and coast into the nearest Walgreens. Park the car and walk the three blocks to my doctors apt. That was around 3:45pm today-- it is now 11pm and i am home and that car is still there.

Ladies and gentleman. I have thrown in the towel. I am buying a new car! ( how many signs does one person need!!?!?! Most be the blonde hair)

No wine tonight. This girl needs to save her pennies for some new wheels!

No comments:

Post a Comment